Carrot Cake Pops
This is how we turn tragedy into triumph! When our beautiful pastry takes a tumble, all hope IS NOT LOST. We turn our glorious carrot cake into delightful cake pops. Aren't we clever!
(Tap or hover to scale the recipe! ↑)
- Lollipop Sticks
- Small Pot
- Metal Bowl
- 1 slice TFK Carrot Cake - comes in a box of 3
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Flour - for dusting
- Remove the top layer of frosting (just eat it . . . I won't tell)
- Place remaining carrot cake into bowl and mash with hand or fork.
- Lightly dust hands with flower and roll into 3 similar sized balls.
- Insert lollipop stick and allow to harden in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Create a bain-marie by adding about an inch of water to a small pot and cover with a metal bowl.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir on medium heat until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Remove cake balls from freezer and promptly dip in the melted chocolate. Tilting the bowl slightly will help give a deeper area to dip the cake into.
- After dipping, place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet or plate.
- Return to fridge and allow to harden for at least 5 minutes before serving (if you can wait that long).
After rolling the carrot cake into balls, allow them to harden in the freezer. This will not only help the lollipop stick to remain in place but also cools the chocolate quickly as it touches the cake. The best way to get a nice shell that will hold tight! 1 package of our white chocolate chips used in the video should be enough to cover 9 cake pops (or 3 slices of our carrot cake) with just a small amount left over.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was with a comment!