Lentil Soup with Curried Rice
(Tap or hover to scale the recipe! ↑)
- Pot for rice.
- Pot to reheat soup.
- Frying pan.
- Cutting Board
- 32 oz TFK Cream of Lentil Soup
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 quart Water
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 ea Green Onions
- 2 strips Bacon
- In a small pot over medium, gently reheat the TFK Cream Lentil Soup.
- In a separate pot, combine rice, water, salt and curry powder. Bring to a boil, cover tightly and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes. Do not open the lid until time is up, then fluff with a fork (do not stir).
- While the rice cooks and the soup reheats, take a dry frying pan over medium heat and toast pine nuts until lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Cut green onions thinly (white and green) for garnish. Set aside.
- Slice bacon into "lardon" (approx. ¼ inch pieces) and fry (in the same pan you used for the pine nuts . . . no need for extra dishes) until crispy.
- To plate, pile fluffy rice in a high sided bowl and surround with velvety soup. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, crispy bacon and sliced green onion.