Gruyere Cheese Straws
(Tap or hover to scale the recipe! ↑)
- Parchment lined baking sheets
- Pastry wheel or pizza cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Add flour to your counter and rolling pin.
- Place your first dough on the floured surface and roll it out so that it stretches by roughly 50%. (NOTE - leave your second dough in the fridge until you are finished with the first.)
- Brush dough with dijon and sprinkle generously with gruyere cheese, pressing it down into the dough with your hands.
- Using a pastry wheel (or pizza cutter), cut the dough into 8 strips.
- One at a time, lift strips onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press one side down with your thumb to secure. Begin twisting for 4-6 rotations, then press the other side down to the parchment.
- Repeat each step with the second dough and bake for 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool before handling.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.