Gruyere Cheese Straws
This fantastic appetizer is quick, easy and with just one stop over to The French Kitchen, you'll have all the perfect ingredients that you need.
(Tap or hover to scale the recipe! ↑)
- Parchment lined baking sheets
- Pastry wheel or pizza cutter
- Rolling Pin
- 2 squares 9.5" TFK Frozen Puff Pastry
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Add flour to your counter and rolling pin.
- Place your first dough on the floured surface and roll it out so that it stretches by roughly 50%. (NOTE - leave your second dough in the fridge until you are finished with the first.)
- Brush dough with dijon and sprinkle generously with gruyere cheese, pressing it down into the dough with your hands.
- Using a pastry wheel (or pizza cutter), cut the dough into 8 strips.
- One at a time, lift strips onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press one side down with your thumb to secure. Begin twisting for 4-6 rotations, then press the other side down to the parchment.
- Repeat each step with the second dough and bake for 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool before handling.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
SUPER important! Please leave your puff pastry in the refrigerator until you are ready to start constructing your cheese straws. Set up your "mise en place", meaning get all your other ingredients and equipment ready first. Once the dough gets warm, it becomes sticky and much more difficult to work with.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was with a comment!