Sweet Lil' Hand Pies
(Tap or hover to scale the recipe! ↑)
- Pastry Brush
- Parchment Lined Baking Sheet
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring the fruit, vanilla, cinnamon, star anise, candied ginger and salt to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix your egg and water into an egg wash.
- Flour your surface liberally and divide your dough into 4 squares.
- Add approximately 2 Tbsp of the fruit compote to the center of each dough square and seal the edges using a fork.
- Brush each hand pie with the egg wash and top with a sprinkle of course sugar.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes (check after 10).